This document explains how our organisation uses personal data in compliance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR).
Under the GDPR personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Hereinafter all personal information is referred to as personal data.
Who are we?
aporeei - Beata Modrzynska (registered at address Rocha Kowalskiego 37, 64-100 Leszno, Poland with Tax ID 6972284413 and Company Registration Number 385569641) acts as a data controller. This means aporeei decides how the personal data provided to us is processed and for what purposes.
How to contact us?
In respect of data protection related questions, to exercise your rights or file a complaint, contact us via our contact form.
How do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data from you when you surf the website, make a purchase or use certain other site features.
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process and fulfil your order. For this purpose we collect the following data: name, email address, shipping address, billing address (when different from shipping address).
- To communicate with you in case of any issues with the order fulfilment and to facilitate your engagement with our customer service team. For this purpose we collect the following data: name, email address, order details.
- To send periodic emails to update you about the status of your order. For this purpose we collect the following data: name, email address, order details.
- To keep history of orders. For this purpose we collect the following data: order date, order amount, items purchased, payment method, shipping information.
- To inform you about items that have become available in our store (only if you have registered to the waiting list for the item). For this purpose we collect the following data: email address.
Where and for how long do we keep your personal data?
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online ecommerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on servers that we own.
When you place an order through the site, we will maintain your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Legal basis of data processing
The legal basis of data processing activities indicated in points 1-5 of Section "Why do we collect personal data?" of this document lies in Subsection (a) Paragraph (1) of Article 5 of Act CXII of 2011 on the Right of Informational Self-Determination and on Freedom of Information (hereinafter the "Freedom of information Act"), i.e. based on your consent, and commencing from 25 May 2018 also Article 6 (1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council) (GDPR), i.e. such processing activities are necessary for the performance of the contract or in order to take steps at the request of data, subject to entering into a contract.
What rights do you have for managing your personal data in line with the GDPR?
- Right to information - how to handle your personal information and what are your rights in this regard.
- Right of access - regarding that your personal data is being processed is there, and if so, it is entitled to us by us you have access to your personal data. This will allow you to verify your personal data privacy legislation.
- Right to rectify - you are entitled to request the correction or addition of inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- Right to cancel - also known as "right to be forgotten" ensures that you can request the deletion of your personal data if they are not necessarily handled or otherwise.
- Right to restrict data management - you are entitled to restrict the continued handling of your personal information, in this case we will not treat your data except for storage.
- Right to data storage - you are eligible for certain personal information we manage to request a copy and submit them to another data handler forward.
- Right to protest - you are entitled to object to certain data manipulations (e.g. direct marketing).
- Automated decision-making and profiling rights - you are entitled to request that we do not have legal or other significant consequences for you to decide on your own decision-making based solely on automated processing (including profiling).
How do we protect your personal data?
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. Shopify implements a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal data.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on servers we own.
Sharing your personal data
aporeei, in the course of its operation may utilize the services of various data processors and external service providers to handle and process your personal data for specific purposes, on behalf of and in accordance with the instructions of aporeei.
The data processors shall process the personal data at most as long as the term of the data processing contract concluded with them is valid and in force, or until they are required to keep your data under the applicable data retention laws.
We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties for the purposes described below:
- Shipping service providers to deliver the product you purchased on our website
- Credit card companies, payment service providers to process the payments you initiated on our website
- Other third party service providers involved by us for data processing
Cookies in use on this site
Cookies and how they benefit you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your explicit permission)
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
We inform you that our site is using cookies when you visit our site for the first time via a pop up at the bottom of the page.
Our cookies help us:
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Remember if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Make your shopping basket and checkout work
- Show you which pages you have recently visited
- Improve the speed of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded Vimeo video. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties therefore we recommend you allowing their use.
Visitor statistics cookies
Vimeo video player cookies
Vimeo’s embeddable video player uses first-party cookies that we consider essential to the video player experience. No third-party analytics or advertising cookies are used when Vimeo video player appears on our website.
Turning Cookies Off
Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of our website and the experience you will have. Disabling cookies will result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.